Monday, April 7, 2008

Celebrating 40 Years- King Crimson!

I'm sad to say that I won't be making this show (I think). Although it's only a 12 hour drive from here, I have other plans that week...
Like seeing King Crimson in NYC at the Nokia Theatre in Times Square! Unfortunately we found out about the Nashville show too late and bought the NYC tickets first. But it's okay. By the time we see them they should have their trainwrecks recovered and hopefully they would have perfected what it is that they are perfect at. My mind wonders about the new material, if any. How will the older stuff will sound like. Will they play "Red" or "Indiscipline"? Or, now having two drummers will they dust off "B'Boom/THRAK" or "The Talking Drum/Lark's Tongues in Aspic, Part 2"?
I am desperately anticipating...but expecting nothing. It's been seven years since I last saw Crimson play. I think I predicted this. Everything is right with the universe when King Crimson reunites.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

every single time i see the cover of 21st century schizoid man, my first thought is always "hey it's manny!"
and then i always have to tenderly remind myself that, no that is not in fact you.

haha